Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Will The Lego Movie Fall to Pieces or Blockbuster Success?

Last week Warner Brothers released the trailer for one of their upcoming movies. It was awesome.

Okay, this is more of a trailer review than a movie review. You got me. I just thought this would be a good way to ease myself into blogging. Plus, as a former child I am really excited for this movie. (Also, the puns were too good for me to not talk about this trailer.)
In all seriousness, this movie could be absolutely fantastic. You might be skeptical, thinking The Lego Movie will be for children. And you're probably right.
Yes, the target demographic is most likely going to be little kids, but that doesn't mean it will be a dud. Kids' movies don't have to suck. I have a strong feeling this will be a clever movie. Just look at those tag lines. "The biggest movie ever assembled." "The fate of the world is in his tiny yellow hands." Clever.
Plus, did you see that animation? It looks fantastic. That is stop motion done right. It looks nothing like the creepy stop-motion Christmas specials we all know and love.
And did you see the cast list at the end? There were some pretty big names up there. Will Ferrell? Elizabeth Banks? Morgan Freeman!? Liam Neeson!? And according to IMDb, Allsion Brie from NBC's Community has a role in it. I'm even more excited!
This movie, in my opinion, has the potential to be for Legos what last year's Wreck-It Ralph was for video games: a hilariously fun and enjoyable movie with sharp wit and well thought out puns.
I look forward to seeing it next year, and hopefully so do you.
PS: Batman is in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment