Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Lego Movie Building Hype

This past summer when I first started this blog, my first review was a look at a teaser trailer for the upcoming The Lego Movie. I said I was excited and the movie looked like it would be fun. Fast-forward to a few days ago when a full-length theatrical trailer was released for the movie. It only confirms my previous hopes and dreams.
                        Everything about this trailer has my inner-Lego-building-child bouncing off the walls and screaming with excitement. First, let's start with the cast.
In my review of the teaser trailer, I mentioned there were some pretty big names tied to this movie. This new trailer does a much better job of showing off their talent. Chris Pratt's voice is perfect for the central character Emmet, who appears to have the same personality as Andy Dwyer, his character from Parks and RecreationMorgan Freeman is always perfect in any role he plays, and Liam Neeson looks to be honestly hilarious as a "good cop/bad cop" mini-fig. And who could forget the smooth deep voice of Will Arnett as Batman? Perfect choices for voice talent. Simply perfect.
Better Batman than George Clooney's any day of the week.
While the casting has me excited, what has me most looking forward to The Lego Movie is the insane level of detail put into it. Everything in this world is made form the tiny bricks: houses, cars, planes, plants, rocks, explosions, EVERYTHING! It's insane. The world built for the movie is beautifully well crafted and puts anything I ever built out of Legos to shame. And I'm okay with that.
Honestly, there isn't anything bad I have to say about this trailer. It looks incredibly fun and I am really looking forward to it. The Lego Movie comes out February 7 and will more than make up for all the times you stepped on a Lego and nearly died.

No comments:

Post a Comment